There’s no better way to celebrate Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day (March 8) than by learning from the incredible women we look up to. Icons like Malala Yousafzai, Amelia Earhart and Eleanor Roosevelt give us the encouragement we need to be our best selves through their insight and experiences.
The folks at FTD are celebrating International Women’s Day with this list of 100 inspiring boss lady quotes from well-known ladies, both past and present. Whether you love old school quotes from famous figures like Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel or the words of contemporary slayers like Beyonce, Emma Watson and Tina Fey, these words of wisdom and inspirational quotes for women are sure to inspire you.
To keep you pumped up all through the month of March, check out the gorgeous wallpaper downloads featuring some of these quotes! These can be used as desktop or iPhone backgrounds or can be printed out as note cards, wall art or reminders! We hope you receive motivation and value from these inspirational quotes for women.
Our Favorite Inspirational Quotes for Women
“If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “It’s not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.” – Emma Watson
- “Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.” – Harper Lee
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “You can’t please everyone, and you can’t make everyone like you.” – Katie Couric
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
“No one changes the world who isn’t obsessed.” – Billie Jean King
- “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter
- “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
“The challenge is not to be perfect…it’s to be whole.” – Jane Fonda
- “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
- “I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that’s not pulling the trigger.” –Mia Hamm
- “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.” – Sonia Sotomayor
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
- “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” – Erica Jong
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J.K. Rowling
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
Let these inspiring quotes motivate you—not just on International Women’s Day, but every day!